Continuing the topic of abortion raised in the article Spontaneous abortion, today we will talk about artificial abortion and its consequences. Officially in our country, 250 thousand pregnancies per year are interrupted. Ukraine is in the top five countries in terms of abortion. An interesting picture is obtained. On the one hand, infertility is progressing in the country, and on the other, record abortion rates. Obviously, all these are links of one chain. And most often it is infertility that the family pays for abortion, which turned out to be undesirable at some stage in life.
There are a lot of reasons that prompted women to terminate the pregnancy. They can be social, and psychological, subjective, and even for medical reasons. But whatever these reasons may be, a woman needs to be informed about what to expect after a deliberate (or rash) step has already been taken.
The relative simplicity and accessibility of abortion creates a distorted view of its harmlessness. Women must be aware that this procedure does not go unnoticed for health. And do not recall neighbor who has had a dozen abortions, and has no problems and complications after. Artificial abortion is a «Russian roulette», where only a single blank cartridge can sometimes appear in a clip.
Abortion - is almost always severe emotional stress, which leads to psychological and physiological disorders of the female body.
The consequences of abortion
1. Injured. Uterine muscles can easily be damaged by surgical instruments..
2. Severe bleeding. . In such cases, a blood transfusion is required.
3. Complications of anesthesia. Heart rhythm, respiration, and liver function may be impaired. A dangerous complication is anaphylactic shock.
4. Acute inflammatory processes:
Blood poisoning (sepsis) is possible.
5. Thrombosis. peritonitis; - parameter. Blood poisoning (sepsis) is possible. 5. Thrombosis. Due to blood clots entering the bloodstream, blood clots form in the veins. Most often in the veins of the legs.
6. Chronic inflammatory diseases If the infection introduced during abortion is not recognized in time, then this leads to chronic inflammation of the uterus. In the future, the condition is fraught with the onset of an ectopic pregnancy.
7. Infertility. 35% of women who have had an abortion suffer from artificial infertility, based on the complete obstruction of the fallopian tubes.
8. Spontaneous abortions.. Due to an injured cervix, isthmococervical insufficiency can occur, which is subsequently the cause of miscarriages and premature births.
9. НViolations of the monthly cycle. Painful and heavy menstruation is the result of postabortion cicatricial changes in the uterine mucosa.
10. Mental disorders. 80% of women who have an abortion have been depressed.